Last Updated: 10/1/2020
At the Jacksonville ARTCC of VATSIM, accessible from www.zjxartcc.org, one of our main priorities is the privacy of our visitors. This policy only applies when Jacksonville ARTCC is acting as a data controller of our website users.
In order to use our services, you must be a registered and active VATSIM and Jacksonville ARTCC member (with the exception to those detailed in the paragraph below). By logging into our services via the VATUSA Unified Login Scheme (ULS) , VATSIM and VATUSA provides information to Jacksonville ARTCC in order to facilitate your usage of our services. When logging in via ULS, the information which is provided to our services is explicitly detailed and you must consent to this information being shared with us prior to logging in. Demographic information may be collected to provide targeted services and improve system security (including location, number of sessions, and session duration).
Some parts of our systems are accessible without registration or authentication. Despite not being required to log in to these services with personal credentials, data will be logged. Data includes cookies, IP addresses, and other data which may result in you being identifiable. If you wish to utilize our services while retaining anonymity, this is possible by taking appropriate anonymisation measures within your browser’s settings.
Information Collection and Use
Jacksonville ARTCC retains copies of any centrally held data provided by VATSIM and VATUSA to allow us to carry out activities and provide services to you. Any supplementary data is owned by Jacksonville ARTCC and held in databases associated with this site. In order to provide you with these services, a significant portion of data may be held by other third parties. This policy is not capable of accounting for these.
The data we hold is not permitted to be sold or rented in any form without your permission. In the case this changes, it will always be disclosed within this policy. Jacksonville ARTCC has several legal responsibilities to you with regard to the collection of your personal data:
- Jacksonville ARTCC has a responsibility to ensure that data protection is managed in accordance with VATSIM's Data Protection and Handling Policy.
- Jacksonville ARTCC has a responsibility to report any data breaches to the appropriate authorities and will do so without prejudice, undue delay or hesitation.
You, as a user of Jacksonville ARTCC, have several rights:
- You have the right to be informed why we collect your data. This policy explains those reasons to you.
- You have a right to access your data and view the data collected about you. This data will be released to you on written request to [email protected], providing there is no legal basis to refuse such a request. To protect the privacy of other individuals, certain information may be redacted, so long as this does not censor your personal data.
- You have a right to rectify data you believe is inaccurate. We encourage members to ensure details such as their email address are kept up to date through the VATSIM.net membership dashboard and/or via VATUSA's website. Note: VATSIM.net data is only transmitted to Jacksonville ARTCC services via explicit consent, obtained through ULS. This can take up to 72-hours after consent to be reflected across Jacksonville ARTCC's services. As a result, the data held in Jacksonville ARTCC services may be significantly outdated if you do not renew your login. If you believe other data held about you is incorrect, you may contact [email protected] to have it corrected.
- You have the right to request we restrict the processing of your data. In the event of a dispute, we may restrict your ability to connect to our services.
- You have the right to object to our legitimate interests. While your objection is being considered, processing of your data may be frozen, and this may restrict your ability to connect to our services.
The information Jacksonville ARTCC collects may be shared with the following parties:
- Other VATUSA ARTCCs
- Other VATSIM Divisions
- Amazon Web Services
- Law Enforcement Agencies
Personal Statistical Information
In the normal course of connecting to Jacksonville ARTCC's systems, certain personal statistical information will be collected. This information includes, but is not limited to, full name, the time and duration of a member's connection, the callsign(s) used, flightplan(s) filed and other information necessary and useful for the maintenance of the network and your account. This personal information can be seen by other members and/or VATSIM affiliates and partners. In addition, this information may also be available to the general public via the internet.
Jacksonville ARTCC uses IP addresses to analyse trends, administer its website, track user's movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregated use. IP addresses are associated with individual users to enhance security by allowing authorised persons to inspect audit logs in the event that your account is compromised.
Links to Outside Websites
The Jacksonville ARTCC website contains links to other websites. Please be aware Jacksonville ARTCC is not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of such sites. Jacksonville ARTCC encourages its visitors to be aware when they leave its website and to read the privacy statements of each website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Jacksonville ARTCC and its services.
It is not required to be a subscribed member of any mailing list to retain a membership of Jacksonville ARTCC. The only compulsory emails are transactional emails necessary for the processing of the agreed services between Jacksonville ARTCC and yourself (including changes in status of your account). We endeavour to only send you emails to which you have agreed to receive. In the event you receive unwanted emails from our services which are not compulsory, you always have the right to unsubscribe by contacting [email protected]
From time to time, Jacksonville ARTCC may request information from you for surveys or contests. We may also wish to contact you to make you aware of new initiatives or features on Jacksonville ARTCC. Participation in these surveys or contests, and receiving marketing communications, is completely voluntary. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (such as location or age). Contact information will only be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site and/or the VATSIM network.
Jacksonville ARTCC takes every reasonable precaution to protect its members' information.
Certain information about members is considered to be restricted and is held in parts of our systems that are only accessible to those who have been explicitly granted access. Only those people who need the information to perform a specific job (including, but not limited to, instructors, division staff, and administrative assistants) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
Compliance with Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information on our website from those we actually know are under the legal age of consent for data processing, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under the legal age of consent for data processing.
Jacksonville ARTCC entrusts VATSIM to only accept members above the legal age of consent for data processing. Where a prospective member is below the minimum age, Jacksonville ARTCC entrusts VATSIM to ensure consent from the appropriate individual has been received.
Changes to Policy